GUIDELINES FOR THE EDUCATION FUND GRANTS TO AUXILIARIES
1. Applications must be sent to the Provincial President no less than 60 days prior to the event, and must be postmarked to the CAHA treasurer not less than 40 days prior to the event for which the funding is sought.
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
2. Up to 50% of the proposed expenses for travel, registration and accommodations may be granted (meals are not included. UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 500.00
3. A financial statement as presented at your last annual meeting, must accompany the form and gift shop and other fundraising revenue must be included.
4. On your itemized list of education expenditures (in # 6) please state the number of delegates and types of educational sessions you wish to attend.
5. The complete application and financial statement must be sent to your Provincial President (for forwarding to CAHA treasurer) at the address below.
6. The application will be processed and funds allocated by the CAHA treasurer after consultation with the Finance Committee.
7. Any portion of the Grant not used must be returned to the CAHA treasurer at the address below.
8. The follow up report form which will be enclosed with grant cheque(s) and must be completed and returned toe the CAHA treasurere within 30 days of the event. IF THE FOLLOW-UP REPORT IS NOT RETURNED, FUTURE GRANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
9. Awarding of the grant will be based on complete application and recommendation of the Auxiliarys Provincial President.
10. Education and Tribute Funds are derived from interest on investments made when the Fund was established in 1975. At present current funding continue to be derived from memorial donations by provincial associations, auxiliaries and individuals as well as CAHA Life Memberships.
Send completed form and current financial statement to your Provincial President for forwarding to:
Solange Malenfant, CAHA Treasurer
1109-234 Ronald Road
Winnipeg MB R3J 3J4
EDUCATION AND TRIBUTE FUND
The CAHA Education and Tribute Fund provides grants for continuing education of its member auxiliaries.
POLICY: Grants are available to member auxiliaries requiring assistance once they have spent 10% of revenues on the education of their members. Meals will not be funded. Up to 50% of the identified expenses may be granted up to a maximum of 500.00.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CURRENT FINANCIAL STATEMENT WITH A DETAILED LIST OF EDUCATIONAL EXPENSES.
The application must reach your provincial president at least 60 DAYS prior to the event for which a grant is requested.
1. Name of Auxiliary______________________________________________________
2. Date of Event
3. Grant applied for: (e.g. Workshop, convention, project etc.)
4. Are you considering delegates who have not attended before?
Yes How many _____ No
5. Would you be able to send delegates if funding was not available?
6. List Proposed expenses: Number of delegates:_________
2.Method of Travel =
3.Accommodation (rate) =
If grant is for sponsorship of an event, list costs of speakers, etc..
7. Amount of assistance applied for:
8. Remainer to be subsidized by:
Auxiliary Health Facility/Regional Health Authority Individual
9. Has your Auxiliary received a CAHA grant before?
Yes Year received? _______ No
9. How much did your Auxiliary spend on education for your members last year? $ ______
Attach itemized list.
Application Approved___________________________ Date: _________________
This application must be accompanied by a covering letter from the Provincial President.