CAHA CARE AWARD
The Care Award was established in 1991 to recognize an outstanding contribution, service or project by a Canadian Auxiliary.
1. The Auxiliary must be a member of the Provincial Auxiliary Association.
2. The service or project must have been implemented by the Auxiliary within the past three years.
3. The service or project may be an ongoing one or a one time accomplishment.
4. Nominations for a service or project may be submitted more than once, but nominees may only receive the Care Award once. Proper documentation must be provided.
1. Entries must be submitted to the Provincial Association of the Auxiliary no later than Feburary 5th.
2. A short list will be created with the two best submissions from each province.
3. The short list will be submitted to a panel of judges.
4. The judges may exercise the option not to award, if they feel criteria is not met.
5. Decision of the judges will be final.
6. The Provincial President and the President of the award winning Auxiliary will receive official notification of the Award the first week of May.
CAHA will cover registration to the convention, three nights accommodation and banquet fee for one person representing the Auxiliary receiving the Care Award.
The top two entrants from each province, to the Care
Award, are eligible for a product line draw prize.
To apply for this award the Auxiliary must fill out a nomination form with proper documentation.
To receive an applicalication form please contact the CAHA Office and we will be pleased to send you a copy.
The next deadline for application is on April 1, 2007.
Guidelines for Awarding Life Membership
Applications for Life Membership in CAHA may be made by a provincial association or an affiliated health care auxiliary to honour a member for outstanding service over a minimum period of 10 years. Special consideration may be given for a lesser period of service under extenuating circumstances.
Applications shall be accompanied by a record of the memberâ€™s service and shall be sent to the Provincial President who, in turn, send it to the CAHA President.
Applications will be reviewed by the CAHA Executive Committee.
The Life Membership fee for 2006 - 2007 is 150.00.
A Life Membership certificate and pin will be awarded either during the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Association of Healthcare Auxiliaries or during the Annual Meeting of the Life Memberâ€™s Provincial Association.
Life Members may attend and participate in the CAHA Annual Meeting, but shall have no vote.
Applications are to be prepared in triplicate with one copy for the CAHA President, one for the CAHA Secretary, and one for the Provincial President.
Applications must be received by the CAHA President and the CAHA Secretary by February 28 or September 30 for consideration by the CAHA Executive.
Education and Tribute fund
GUIDELINES FOR THE EDUCATION FUND GRANTS TO AUXILIARIES
1. Applications must be received no later than 60 days prior to the event, and must be postmarked to the CAHA Treasurer not less than 40 days prior to the event for which the funding is sought.
LATE OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
2. Up to 50% off the proposed expenses for travel, registration and accommodations may be granted (meals are not included)
3. An audited financial statement as presented at your last annual meeting, must accompany the form and gift shop and other fundraising revenue must be included.
4. On your itemized list of education expenditures (in # 5) please state the number of delegates and types of educational sessions you wish to attend.
5. The complete application and financial statement must be sent to your Provincial President for forwarding to CAHA treasurer at the address below.
6. The application will be processed and funds allocated by the CAHA treasurer in consultation with the Finance Committee and on approval of the CAHA Board or Executive, and if necessary with consultation with the Provincial President.
7. Any portion of the Grant not used must be returned to CAHA treasurer at the address below within 30 days.
8. The follow up report form which will be enclosed with grant cheque(s) must also be sent to the CAHA treasurer within 30 days of the event.
9. Awarding of the grant will be based on complete application, recommendation of Provincial President and frequency of applications.
10. For your information - Education and Tribute Funds are derived from interest on investments made when the Fund was established in 1975, form donations and Memorial donations made by provincial associations, auxiliaries, individuals, and from CAHA Life Memberships.
Send complete form and current financial statement to your Provincial President for forwarding to:
Solange Malenfant, Treasurer
1109-234 Ronald Street
Winnipeg, MB R3J 3J4
Please contact the CAHA office for any of the above applications at email@example.com or telephone 613-236-9364.